s that grow on vines have many advantages. They can:
- be easy-to-grow useful plants
- often grow in pot, on a balcony
- grow up a makeshift trellis or balcony railing
- provide an easy supply of vegetables for eating raw or cooking. Picking shortly before cooking or eating means better flavor.
Examples of vegetable vines[edit | edit source]
- Beans. Many kinds of beans can be eaten in their fresh form, after rather than having to be dried. They can be eaten in their immature form too - round beans and butter beans being popular versions which can be eaten without having to remove a "string". (Can all beans be eaten in their immature form?)
- Pumpkins and some other kinds of squash - both the fruit and sometimes the leaves[verification needed] can be eaten.