I am a student at Humboldt State University (HSU) in Arcata, CA. My major is Industrial Technology with emphasis in Design. My minor is Appropriate Technology. I plan to pursue a Master's Degree, studying Organology, Industrial Design, and further go into depth in sustainable building methodology. My goal is to run a firm that designs, manufactures, and markets musical instruments and equipment made with sustainable and/or recycled materials.
I have several failsafe plans as well:
I plan on enrolling as a concurrent student at College of the Redwoods (CR) in Eureka, CA. I would like to further explore Industrial Technology, as the laboratory at CR, I hear, is excellent; if not better than the one we have here at HSU. I would love to get a Mechanics credential and a Welding credential at CR, as well.
I've played the piano for 15 years, the guitar and bass guitar for 6 years, currently learning the banjo, and can keep a lively beat on the drums. Live performance is what I love to do best. Music, by far, is my strong suit and so if all else fails this will be the way I collect my cool pennies.
My Favorite Websites[edit | edit source]
- Humboldt County's Craiglist: Where I get all my goodies, especially for FREE!
- The Arcata Eye: The mildly objectionable weekly newspaper of Arcata, California: The police logs are a must-read. Many o' crazy things happen here in the little town of Arcata.
- Blackle - Energy Saving Search Engine: A black computer screen saves more energy than a white computer screen.
- Free Software Downloads and Download Reviews: You can hack the system with this site.
- Instructables: Make How To and DIY: Good ol' fun and ways to benefit yourself and others and still, again, hack the system.
- FileCabi.net: Where You Provide the Entertainment!: Not for the feeble-minded.
Please, laugh at me...[edit | edit source]
In the summer of 2007, my family and I went to the Philippines for about a month. Quite the experience one attains when in a third-world country, but nonetheless, beautiful, unique, and welcoming (well, in most parts...). The following photographs are of me eating a Filipino specialty: "baulut," otherwise known as duck fetus.
- The Preparation...
- The Nibble...
- The Digust...
- Down It...
- The Remains...
As a half-Filipina myself, I must say, "DUDE! Never again..."