Dr. Vikas Karade is Co-Founder-CEO of AlgoSurg Inc., a Y-Combinator backed Silicon valley startup and AlgoSurg Technologies India Pvt Ltd (Indian subsidiary). He is the team lead of OpenSurgiSim project. He has completed his PhD, M.Tech and B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT-Bombay and has more than ten years experience in surgical simulation and the medical device innovation field. He is the principal project investigator of two government funded grant award projects worth $115000 in surgery simulation and device innovation.
Experience[edit | edit source]
- Inventor of XrayTo3D - 2D plain X-ray image to 3D bone model generation
- Inventor of Tabplan3D - Web-based software for 3D surgery simulation
- Inventor of X3DPSI - Auto-design of X-ray based 3D printable patient-specific instrument
- DEFTFIX - Concept to FDA regulation - Web-based software for planning of Hexapod external fixator based surgery
- 6 patents and 8 publications.