|Affiliations||Engr370 Energy Technology and Society|
|Groups||Engr305 past students|
|Impact Combined page views of this user's contributions to the main namespace.||5,807|
|Contributions||Great Pacific garbage patch
Humboldt State University Paper Towel Diversion Project Phase II
- Graduate Student/Researcher/Collaborator
As the Hopi prophecy states: "We are the ones we have been waiting for."
Interests in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
Social and Environmental Justice, Energy, Chemistry, Climate, Water, Pollution, Plastics/Petrochemicals, Mining, Soil, Agriculture, Food, Transportation and Planning
Experience in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- currently designing program to address plastic proliferation in watersheds (including marine environment)
- internship with Appropedia
- bio-dynamic farming/living
- intentional community design
- San Gregorio House [San Gregorio, California] Wikipedia: San Gregorio House
Favorite Appropedia Pages[edit | edit source]
- Ocean Pollution - Great Pacific Garbage Patch - Describes Phenomenon of Marine Debris (Plastic/Garbage Pollution in our Global Ocean).
- Arcata plastic bags - Explores impacts (embedded energy/C) of single-use plastic bags in Arcata, California (great sections on policy and justice).
- Index of environmental articles- Index of environmental articles.
- Amazing page! Plastic recycling (created by ISF-IAI, Ingénieurs sans Frontières - Ingénieurs Assistance Internationale).
- Wood-Plastic Composite Fabrication- Comprehensive review of wood-plastic composites.
- Affordable aerial photography - affordable aerial photography starter how-to reference
Related Links[edit | edit source]
International Pacific Research Center:Marine and Tsunami Debris News Algalita Marine Research Foundation Ocean Voyages Institute: Project Kaisei Surfrider's Rise Above Plastics Program Blue Ocean Sciences Plastic Pollution Coalition 5 Gyres Green Sangha NOAA Marine Debris
Experience and Resources[edit | edit source]
I have the following experience, skills or resources to share with Engr370:
- UN/NOAA-sponsored 5th International Marine Debris Conference Participation and workshops including: Nets to Energy Program (NOAA/Schnitzer Steel) and Waste to Energy Facility/Technology Tour (Covanta Energy)
- exposure to Commercial Recycled Cooking Oil Biodiesel Plant
- currently designing plans for marine plastic/marine debris repurposing and conversion (as well as for land-based unsorted plastics)