We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
- Kong Vang
- Contact Information:
Interests in Engineering
The integration of the highest quality of modular technology into homes, buildings and urban land use. Modular technology would provide a multi-usable space in population dense environments to host different services, events or demonstrations. Although I don't know much research going into most of the science behind modular technology, I am certain the outcomes of the integration would have minor negative effects, if any, compared to the positive effects of temporarily sharing a space with the community.
I am also interested in the portable technology that research and engineering may provide for areas affected by disasters. Through mere observation, the main infrastructures in a city are usually crippled after natural disasters such as hurricanes, earthquakes and not lastly wild fires. I want to research into portable, effective and easily deployable technology.
My future aspirations rests with research and field engineering.
Experience in Engineering
- Studying Environmental Research Engineering at Humboldt State University.
- Building a Rube Goldberg contraption to turn off a power switch.
- Designing a water treatment for the 2019 Annual MidPac Conference
- Example of a memo I wrote.
- Example of a document put together by my team.
- Example of spreadsheet from an Engineering Lab.
- Example of a simple 2D AutoCad model.
- Project Scaled Planetary Solar System for Catherine L. Zane Middle School. The project was worked on by my team and I. The web page was edited and finalized by me.
- Project Scaled Planetary Solar System at Catherine L. Zane Middle School. Completely filmed in one shot and edited by me.