Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Jordan Guy Pontoni
I am a fourth year Materials Science and Engineering Student at Michigan Technological University. I am currently involved in Sigma Phi Epsilon, Advanced Metalworks Enterprise, and the Fishing Club at Michigan Tech. I am from Battle Creek, MI and active on campus. I am currently the team leader of my enterprise group and an advisor for the Fishing Club at Michigan Tech. I was the person who started the club in my sophomore year. I would like to see this club take off and continue on long after I am gone as an alumni. I spend most of my free time hunting, fishing, and playing guitar.
Engineering Work Experience
- Co-op from Jan 2012-Aug 2012
- Conducted failure analysis on various materials; metals, polymers, and composites.
- Intern from May 2013-Aug 2013
- Working as a Process Quality Engineer within a cold mill.
AME (Ductility Trough)
- Project from Aug 2012-May 2013
- Characterized ductility troughs for ArcelorMittal and published results.
AME (Solid Solution Strengthening of Ferritic Ductile Iron)
- Project from Aug 2013-Present
- Researching the ability to increase the ductility of DI while retaining the same amount of strength.