Name: Geoffery Bard Or simply Geof Bard I have developed several Wiki Books on nuclear energy, as pertains to sustainability. All of these are NPOV and could use updating and rewriting for quality assurance.
Fukushima Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Aftermath: Diablo Nuclear Redux?[edit | edit source]
Aftermath: Whither the Indian Point Nuke?[edit | edit source]
Public Policy and Citizen Participation[edit | edit source]
Appropedia contributions[edit | edit source]
Water resource policy[edit | edit source]
This is an attempt to fill a gap in terms of analysis of the structure institutions of policy making which conduct evaluation of issues, prioritization, creation of recommendation-forming entities, selection of preferred options, and transmit policy recommendations to policy makers (industry leaders, legislators and regulatory executives). There are probably papers out there which do this much better, but most of them are probably fairly limited in scope. This article will hopefully be massively revised by various parties, better sooner than later.
Vulnerability index[edit | edit source]
This is an attempt to review the origin and early development of VI's. It needs to be updated with spin off uses of the concept. It is somewhat original synthesis, and had been deleted from WP at one point, as Original Research, but I restored it by finding the secondary research at SOPAC. The bridge from their work to the medical and other applications is pretty much speculation on my part and needs clarification.
Interests[edit | edit source]
- Origin and development of indexes and scales to evaluate vulnerability and community resilience.
- Programmatic approach to constraining proliferation of badly managed radioactive and other highly toxic waste.
- Quantification and verification of climate change impact scenarios for sensitivity analysis to assist decision trees pertaining to the above.
Experience[edit | edit source]
- Higher education credits in law, chemistry, biology.
- Litigation, public policy advocacy.
- Popular science writing.