Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- My name is Dustin Helliwell.
- I am a Humboldt county local pursuing a 2nd bachelor's degree in Environmental Resource Engineering at Humboldt State University. Using my previous degree in mathematics I have worked as a research intern, a data technician, and a mathematics teacher. I also spent some time in Nicaragua, where I helped in starting a tourism business. I am now very excited about making the shift to engineering. On completing the program I hope to work locally here in Humboldt County. My ideal job would involve, monitoring environmental issues in and around Humboldt Bay, and working to help the bay support both diverse marine life and commerce.
Interests in Engineering
- Erosion and movement of sediment.
- Movement of toxins in groundwater.
- Data collection and processing.
Experience in Engineering
- General construction, including septic and well maintenance.
- Research intern at NASA Ames research center.
- Data technician for STAR Labs at Stanford University.
Examples of work I've completed during my time in the HSU engineering program: