Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Cynthia Ruiz
- I'm a student Humboldt State University and this is my last semester. I will be graduating with a degree in Child Development and a minor in American Sign Language. I really enjoy working with children and being a part of their life. I've worked at the Children's Center on-campus for about 2 years and it's been an exciting learning experience.
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- I've always been interested in the environment and making my ecological footprint smaller. Being in this class has helped me learn more about where my energy comes from.
- Learning how to use excel and making spreadsheets. Being able to use excel and calculate possible water catchment for my home or doing home energy audits is an active way of becoming aware of ones energy use.
- I'm also interested in learning more about renewable energy and how sustainable or efficient it is.
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment
- I've had the privilege of reducing the use of electricity in my house by placing my charging cables on a power strip and then turning the strip off. Last month we were able to save about $25.00 by simply turning the power strip off.
- Also when leaving rooms I make sure to turn the lights off. Engr308 has made me aware of the fact that if I leave my light on energy needs to be produced to power that light bulb.
- I've come to realize that the way energy's produced ins't very sustainable. Resources like crude oil, coal, and natural gas are depleting and are non-renewable.
[[Category:Engr308 Technology and the Environment