Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
I am a first year student at HSU and I am an Environmental Resources Engineering major. I am on the HSU Men's Crew team and I love to run. I grew up in Petaluma, California and I came to Humboldt for its endless outdoor adventure opportunities.
Interests in Engineering
- 1. Waste treatment, containment, and reduction.
- 2. Water quality and conservation
- 3. Environmentally friendly building
Experiences in Engineering
- 1. I completed a Construction Technology course at Petaluma High School in 2009-2010, which involved drawing floor plans and designing a project before beginning to build.
- 2. I completed Engr 115 Introduction to Environmental Science and Engineering course at Humboldt State University in the fall semester of 2009.
- 3. I am currently taking Engr 215 Introduction to Design course at Humboldt State University this spring semester of 2010.
Engineering 215 Portfolio
During the Spring semester of 2010, my Engineering 215 group, Energy-Caters, and I designed Modeling Renewable Energy for our client Redwood Coast Energy Authority. I dedicated over 170 hours to researching, designing, constructing, testing, implementing and communicating our final solution with the goal to teach middle school students about renewable energy resources and technologies.
Following are links to my best work completed in Engineering 215-Introduction to Design:
- Final Design Document of Modeling Renewable Energy
- Memorandum of Phase 5-Design Specifications
- AutoCAD of Final Solution Model-Landscape
- AutoCAD of Final Solution Model-Ocean
- Gantt Chart of design process
- Poster of Modeling Renewable Energy
- Power point of Modeling Renewable Energy
- Excel Spreadsheet of Materials and Costs
- Excel Spreadsheet of Design Hours
- Current Resume