Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Name: Alicia Steele
- I am a student at Michigan Technological university pursuing a Master of Science in Material Science and Engineering. I have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering from Michigan Tech as well. My hobbies include, mounting biking, road biking, skiing, off roading, vehicle repair, knitting, and now 3D printing.
MY 5777 Projects
- Built MTU Delta 3D-Printer
- Designed Rockwall Hand Grip http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:494601
- Designed Celtic Cross Ceiling Fan Decoration https://www.youmagine.com/designs/celtic-cross-fan-blade-rider
MOST Delta Improvements Under Consideration
- LED lighting to make it easier to see extruder and detect printing problems early
- Addition of side mounted 3D printed toolkit for Printer to hold exacto knife and wrenches
- Design to minimize hardware and types of hardware required for construction
MOST Improvements that I would like to see
- Calibration Program
- Power Light
- Better temperature control (finer Range)
- Hardware Kill Switch that stops print, turns off extruder and drives extruder to home position overriding computer controls