uPVC doors have the frames made from the material named uPVC which is the short term for unplasticized polyvinyl chloride, a strong material widely used to make doors, windows and pipes. In the manufacturing process, the uPVC is heated to the point that it becomes liquid and then injected into the frame moulds.
uPVC door costs[edit | edit source]
uPVC is a less expensive material, compared to wood or aluminium. Because of this, prices for uPVC doors are lower.
Advantages of uPVC doors[edit | edit source]
- One of the biggest advantages for uPVC doors is that they can properly insulate against cold or heat, so that the money you give on energy bills can be reduced.
- uPVC doors can last over 40 years with little to no maintainance.
- uPVC doors are also eco-friendly as they are 100% recyclable.
- The material is fire-resilient and self-extinguishing.
- The doors do not deteriorate in wet or windy environments.