Space heating refers to the heating of spaces (often confined spaces).
- Rooms in houses can be heated using:
- Heat exchangers (ie radiators run on hot water heated by a burner or heat pump)
- Electric heaters (electric radiators, convectorsW
- Combined heat and power systems
- The sun (see passive solar heating)
- Biomass (see Open fire, wood burner,...)
- Heat generated in specific rooms can be distributed evenly around the house using:
- Confined spaces can also be heated with the intent of cooking food; see Cookers
See also[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Note that any radiators -which you may wish to scrap when discarding your central heating system- can be reused for making a DIY solar thermal collector.. This involves putting it so that one inlet is at the top (at an angle) and the other is at the bottom, painting the radiator black, placing it in a wooden box with glass lid and connecting it to a water heater with tap.