Small houses offer a lower environmental impact, and a philosophy of voluntary simplicity.
Small houses are also attainable by people who might otherwise be shut out of the housing market - which is a significant proportion of people today.
Lower environmental impact[edit | edit source]
The lower impact comes through:
- Fewer resources used in construction.
- Less space to heat or cool.
- Less land used up, meaning:
Personal freedom[edit | edit source]
- Leaves more money for other things.
- Small houses (often specifically called tiny houses) are sometimes built on trailers, and can be moved easily.