Hi, please feel free to list possible speakers for the large lecture event this Fall.
Three Big Questions to be answered:
- What types of seminar should we do?
*One day or large seminar series (like we did in the past)? *How many speakers? / Any discussions or panel among them? *Mixer afterwards? What type?
- What should be the theme of the seminar?
*Sustainable development? (what specifically?) *Environment-focused? (this is still huge) *What kind of theme can attract general MIT student body? - tech oriented? business oriented?
- So, who should we invite?
*Name it, please:-)
Maybe, someone from UN Millennium projectMillennium Project
- Oh, I found the following page:
EcoSpeakers Maybe, we could write on our proposal saying, we are going to invite one or several speakers from here or something like that... (Shan)
- Dr. James Hansen from NASA
- Masa has some connection.
- Jonathan Lash (president of WRI)
- Lester Brown (founder of Earth Policy Institute)
- Gro Harlem Brundtland (former WHO director)
- may be too expensive to invite.
Ideas from previous speaker series:
- Tod Murphy, founder and CEO of The Farmer's Diner (VT)
- John Mackey, founder and CEO of Whole Foods Market (TX)
- Michael Braungart, co-founder of MBDC (VA)
- Ray Anderson, founder of Interface (GA)
- Edwin Thomas, Director, Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies, MIT
- Vicki Colvin, Center for Biological and Environmental Nanotechnology, Rice University (TX)
- Bill Joy, co-founder of SUN
- Paul Farmer, Partners in Health (Boston, MA)
- Eva Harris, UC-Berkeley School of Public Health (CA)
- Bill McKibben
- Terry Tempset Williams (She's Utahn!)
- Anna Kajumulo Tibaijuka, UN HABITAT Executive Director
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, Director of Earth Institute at Columbia University