A resilient community has the ability to survive an extended disconnection from the global grid in areas including:
The aim of a resilient community is:
- "...to enjoy the fruits of globalization without being completely vulnerable to its excesses." - John Robb
See also[edit | edit source]
- Transition Towns
- TTH Chapter 3: Why rebuilding resilience is as important as cutting carbon emissions
[edit | edit source]
- p2pfoundation:Resilient communities
- Resilient Communities Archive
- Self Sufficiency Guide A practical guide to self sufficiency.
- Self-production.org A green, natural, do it mainly yourself economy, micro as well as macro, in which problems of energy, environment, unemployment, third world, are more or less solved.