We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
OSSTIP/Loading GTFS to a GIS database
Trying the gtfsdb (on Mac Os X):
1) Install psycopg2 (A Python interface to PostgreSQL):
- sudo easy_install psycopg2
2) Install GeoAlchemy
- easy_install -D "SqlAlchemy <= 0.5.8"
- easy_install GeoAlchemy
3) Check out and install gtfsdb:-
- First re-install Mercurial: http://mercurial.berkwood.com/
- Check-out the code: hg clone https://code.google.com/p/gtfsdb/
- Loading basics seem to work ....
So next step, is probably to install PostgreSQL, with PostGIS enabled. Then see if I can export/load the GTFS data into a PostgreSQL database for proper analysis work.