The Organizations category includes organizations involved in international development, appropriate technology and sustainability. These pages are a spectrum of static pages of brief description to dynamic pages of collaboration and discussion. Please feel free to look around or to add your own organization.
Organizations that have a Wikipedia article can be found at Appropriate technology organizations. Check out other organizations on the list of appropriate technology organizations, Go to the list to add just the contact information of an organization, or for more indepth information, networking or discussion features, see the Organizations category to add a new page.
Nonprofit organizations[edit | edit source]
Nonprofit organization (abbreviated as NPO) is neither a legal or technical definition but generally refers to an organization that uses surplus revenues to achieve its goals, rather than distributing them as profit or dividends. States in the United States defer to the IRS designation conferred under United States Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c), when the IRS deems an organization eligible. They may or may not have shareholders
The non-profit corporation is a common form of association used by community groups, as well as by homeowners' and condominium associations.
Establishing a nonprofit[edit | edit source]
Here are the steps in how to incorporate a nonprofit organization (in the United States):
- Choose a business name
- Appoint a board of directors
- Decide on a legal structure
- File incorporation paperwork
- Apply for tax-exempt status
- Obtain necessary licenses and permits
After the organization has been incorporated and received tax-exempt status, the next action in starting a nonprofit can be seeking advice and funding from different individuals, groups, and organizations.
Sustainability organizations[edit | edit source]
Organizations which promote sustainability:
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia:Category:Appropriate technology organizations
- Wikipedia:Appropriate technology#Organizations - the "Organizations" section of Wikipedia's appropriate technology article
- Lists (some are very out of date):
- Appropriate Technology Institutions and Organizations
- AT Info
- Directory of development organizations 2006
- Helpalot.org, charity social network site
- Raintree Foundation Appropriate Info
- TorqAid - overseas aid consultancy in Victoria, Australia, which offers training. (May be of interest - site under construction in November 2006)