|Keywords||stove, earthen construction|
|License||CC BY-SA 4.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as Sasha (2021). "Masonry stoves". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-26.|
Masonry stoves are heating stoves developed in medieval Europe, or even earlier. Some sources are mentioning some kind of similar Roman stoves.
It is a wood burning stove with high efficiency and high thermal mass. Because of that mass it can accumulate heat in the fireplace and the result is a great efficiency because most of the wood gases are burnt. It is an efficient ecological alternative to ordinary wood burning stoves.
[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia article
- Demotech simple brick stove
- Swedish ceramic stove aka kachelofen (German name)
- http://mha-net.org/ - The best site on the internet about masonry stoves, there was a original german book written in 1940 about traditional ceramic heating stoves , kachelofens. It was a complete how to book, but I don;t know is it still online.
- How-to manual for a Missouri design masonry brick heater
- http://www.diymasonryheater.blogspot.com/ - The name says it all
- http://www.envisioneer.net/stove.php - Very interesting stove from cement slabs, cheap, simple, affordable.
- Media:Grundof.pdf - This is the book about kachelofens