Your job is an important way to make a difference. Find a job in a field you're passionate about, and do it well. Or, do a more conventional job but bring the insights such as community participation, energy efficiency, water efficiency, energy alternatives, good design and other best practices as appropriate to your context.
Job seek strategies[edit | edit source]
- Work your contacts
- Consider using your social networks such as Linked In - there are numerous groups there that may be appropriate like Sustainable Energy Development.
- Search job listings - see below
- Career fairs
- Cold calls, emails
See also[edit | edit source]
- List of vocations: a list with vocations of which info on the skills needed are available
- Finding a job in sustainability
- Choosing a job in development
- Resources for aid and development workers
- Being an effective aid or development worker
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Better ways to find humanitarian employment booklet
- Socially Just Engineering Network
- One Laptop Per Child is looking for software developers and managers.
- The Canadian International Development Agency has employment, internship, and volunteer opportunities for Canadians.
- Village Earth has volunteer opportunities in appropriate technology and other areas.
- Search Jobs Abroad brings employers and jobseekers together to help people get suitable international jobs.
Green Jobs[edit | edit source]
- Climate Change Careers posts the latest job vacancies at organizations solving climate change.
- Eco Jobs
- Environmental Career
- Environmental Construction Engineering Architecture
- Green Jobs
- Sustainable Business is a search engine for 'green dream jobs', including engineering.
- Sustain Jobs is a search engine for climate change and renewable energy jobs.