We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
|See also the Employment category.|
for subtopics, how-tos, project pages, designs, organization pages and more.
Your job is an important way to make a difference. Find a job in a field you're passionate about, and do it well. Or, do a more conventional job but bring the insights such as community participation, energy efficiency, water efficiency, energy alternatives, good design and other best practices as appropriate to your context.
Job seek strategies
- Work your contacts
- Consider using your social networks such as Linked In - there are numerous groups there that may be appropriate like Sustainable Energy Development.
- Search job listings - see below
- Career fairs
- Cold calls, emails
- List of vocations: a list with vocations of which info on the skills needed are available
- Finding a job in sustainability
- Choosing a job in development
- Resources for aid and development workers
- Being an effective aid or development worker
- Better ways to find humanitarian employment booklet
- Socially Just Engineering Network
- One Laptop Per Child is looking for software developers and managers.
- The Canadian International Development Agency has employment, internship, and volunteer opportunities for Canadians.
- Village Earth has volunteer opportunities in appropriate technology and other areas.
- Search Jobs Abroad brings employers and jobseekers together to help people get suitable international jobs.
- Eco Jobs
- Environmental Career
- Environmental Construction Engineering Architecture
- Green Jobs
- Sustainable Business is a search engine for 'green dream jobs', including engineering.
- Sustain Jobs is a search engine for climate change and renewable energy jobs.
Solar Photovoltaic Specific jobs
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.