Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
How to save the power of a laptop battery
Extending the life of their laptop battery is a major concern of laptop users. Here are some tips to extend laptop battery life.
- Reduce screen brightness.
- When not using the wireless receiver device, turn it off. There is often a hardware switch - just be sure to remember later when you need to turn it on again. Alternatively, turn it off via the network manager.
- Avoid use at high or low temperature. For example, when at the beach parked in the sun, do not leave your laptop in the car.
- In your power manager, set a sleep time for the display and hard disk, and set a system standby time.
- Use built-in power management on your portable device.
- Turn off LCD or other unnecessary accessories when not in use.
- Set screen saver as blank, turning on after 1 to 2 minutes.
- Close unused programs.
- Remove unused PC Cards or USB devices.
- Don't short-circuit battery pack terminals or store your battery pack with metal parts.
- Don't drop or mutilate the battery pack.
- It is normal for batteries to get warm during charging or normal use. If they get too hot, you may be running too many programs, or there may be a problem with the device and qualified personnel should check it.
Relative laptop batteries: It is always advisable to discharge the Dell laptop battery to 3% only and then fully charge it up to 12 hrs.[verification needed]