|Keywords||energy, energy conservation, energy efficiency|
|SDGs Sustainable Development Goals||SDG07 Affordable and clean energy|
|License||CC BY-SA 4.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as Fixer, Pedro Kracht (2021). "Energy star". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-18.|
ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy to help save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
For the Home[edit | edit source]
Energy efficient choices can save families about a third on their energy bill with similar savings of greenhouse gas emissions, without sacrificing features, style or comfort. ENERGY STAR helps you make the energy efficient choice. For the home go here
- If looking for new household products, look for ones that have earned the ENERGY STAR. They meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and US Department of Energy.
- If looking for a new home, look for one that has earned the ENERGY STAR rating.
- If looking to make larger improvements to your home, EPA offers tools and resources to help you plan and undertake projects to reduce your energy bills and improve home comfort.
For Business[edit | edit source]
Because a strategic approach to energy management can produce twice the savings — for the bottom line and the environment — as typical approaches, EPA's ENERGY STAR partnership offers a proven energy management strategy that helps in measuring current energy performance, setting goals, tracking savings, and rewarding improvements.
EPA provides an innovative energy performance rating system which businesses have already used for more than 80,000 buildings across the country. EPA also recognizes top performing buildings with the ENERGY STAR.
Sources and Citations[edit | edit source]
- Energy Star Australia
- Energy Star Canada
- Energy Consumption Calculator
- Energy Star entry at Ecolabelling.org
- Energy Efficiency Breakdown of the costs, savings, and energy efficiency of Energy Star appliances
- Energy Star qualified Energy Service & Product Providers list
- Energy Star qualified Service Provider example
- Energy Star 4.0 Computer specification