Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
CCAT solar power data 2014/settings
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.
This is a temporary page to document the appropriate settings to get the Raspberry Pi, Aurora, and PVOutput.org working.
Raspberry Pi settings
To figure out which port the USB-serial converter is connected to, go to the Terminal (lower-left "start" icon, Accessories, LXTerminal). In the Terminal, type: dmesg | grep ttyUSB (the | character is a pipe, usually typed by hitting shift-backslash)
It will probably be ttyUSB0. Remember this for the next section.
- Serial port: Probably /dev/ttyUSB0 (see the Raspberry Pi section above if incorrect)
- Inverter address: 2 (set by the Aurora Inverter; can be changed by connecting to it with a Windows laptop and the Aurora Communicator software)
- Check the "Auto retrieve 5 minute energy data"
- URL: http://pvoutput.org/service/r2/ (subject to future change; check pvoutput.org for updates)
- System ID: 28922 (from http://pvoutput.org/account.jsp)
- API Key: hidden because private, but you can also get it from http://pvoutput.org/account.jsp
- Live updates: 5 minutes
- Checkboxes: Check all 3 (include blah blah blah)