This page describes all calculation and assumptions in calculating Kauffman art center retrofit the top roof
Method[edit | edit source]
|Kauffman art center top view|
To measure hatched area in Fig. 1 Google Earth distance measurement has been used.
- All measurements repeated three times and averaged to minimize the error.
- Google Earth distance measurement tool does all measurement as level plane. This measurement is not accurate for inclined planes like roof.
- to minimize the error angle of the roof was measured and considered in calculations (Fig. 2).
- Top right and left red hatched area in Fig. 1 considered as triangles
- Bottom right and left red hatched area in Fig.1 each estimated to a half circle
Area calculation of top right and left triangles red hatched in Fig. 1[edit | edit source]
- top left:
- base= 63 m
- leveled length (Google Earth)= 31 m
- inclined length (considering 45 degree angled) = 43.84 m
- Top left area= (63 m)*(43.84 m)/2 = 1381 m^2
- top right
- base= 45.2 m
- leveled length (Google Earth)= 27 m
- inclined length (45 degrees) = 38.18 m
- Top right area= (45.2 m)*(38.18 m)/2= 863 m^2
[edit | edit source]
- bottom left
- diameter=30 m
- half circle area= (pi*15^2)/2=350 m^2
- bottom right
- diameter=39 m
- half circle area= (pi*19.5^2)/2=597 m^2
Total red hatched area in Fig.1[edit | edit source]
Total area= 1381 + 863 + 350 + 597 = 3191 (m^2)
|Kauffman art center side view|
References[edit | edit source]
- Google earth V 7. 1. 1. 1580 (beta) (April 27, 2018). Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Kansas City, MO. 39°05’39.02” N, 94°35’15.79” W, Eye alt 4184 feet. [03/07/2019]