Arcata Marsh Rules and Regulations
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following below are some rules and regulations of the Arcata Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary that are posted on a sign just before the interpretive center in the parking lot located on South G Street in Arcata, California.
- The sanctuary is open from 4:00am till one hour after sunset.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times while visiting the sanctuary.
- Please remain on the trails and roadways.
- Boating in the bay is recommended at tides higher than +3.0.
- Access to the marshes, lakes and outer dike is prohibited unless authorized in writing by Arcata's Environmental Services director.
- Hunting is prohibited within 100 yards of the land and open water adjacent to Sanctuary.
- Fishing is restricted to the posted area of Klopp Lake, artificial lures and flies only.
- Horses and motorized vehicles are restricted to the streets and parking areas.
- No aerial obstructions such as kites, hang gliders and model airplanes are allow.
References[edit | edit source]
- Arcata Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary. (2008) Rules and Regulations. Retrieved on April 20, 2008, from 569 South G Street Arcata, California