|License||CC BY-SA 4.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as Chris Watkins (2021). "Appropedia:Partners". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-26.|
- This page is under construction and some relationships may be yet to be confirmed.
A history of collaboration[edit source]
Appropedia has a strong history of collaboration - from its foundation in April 2006 until today the community has reached out and sought to work with others. Individuals have regularly chosen to submerge their own ego when it was for the benefit of the project (and ultimately the planet).
What partnership means[edit source]
Partnership can mean:
- sharing content, allowing it to be ported to Appropedia.
- endorsement and encouraging members and associates to use and contribute to Appropedia.
Partner organizations[edit source]
Sustainapedia - with a similar vision to Appropedia, we quickly decided to join forces after making contact in early March 2007. Sustainapedia already had an impressive list of partners, and more have since joined up to the joint project. Partners organizations of the Sustainapedia-Appropedia joint project include:
- The Center for Sustainable Global Enterprise at the Johnson School, Cornell University
- Net Impact
- Center for Business and the Environment at Yale.
- Institute for Leadership and Entrepreneurship, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Village Earth
- Architecture for Humanity, developers of the Open Architecture Network.
- Engineers Without Borders - Australia
- Yale Center for Business and the Environment
Valuable content has been contributed by many excellent like-minded organizations and individuals to Appropedia. These include:
- Village Earth
- Experiments in Sustainable Urban Living
- Practical Action (formerly ITDG)
- The Sietch - coming soon. We're working on a way of importing blog summaries.
- International Development Design Summit
- Appropriate Infrastructure Development Group - coming soon. They use a CC2 license, and we're still working out the wrinkles.
- The wikis who merged into Appropedia, enthusiastically choosing to collaborate: two fledgling wikis the very substantial WikiGreen, and the pioneering [[Appropriate Technology Wiki Project by Village Earth. Most recently, the How To Live Wiki has merged a large portion of its content into Appropedia.
One national Engineers Without Borders organization is moving towards merging their wiki with ours, and both sides are excited about this - but we'll be a little discreet and not mention which country till it's confirmed and official. We are engaging in conversations with EWB in different countries as well, and hope for cooperation with all such groups.
Related but different wikis. We have agree to link to relevant materials on each others' sites:
- Sustainable Community Action Wiki - focused on activism
- Issuepedia - focused on analysis of a wide range of issues.
Wikis engaged in ongoing conversations:
- Greenlivingpedia - who has given us some great pointers about serving the mainstream as well as hippie and super-geeky people; SustainapediaNW, TipThePlanet.