The Global Health Medical Device Compendium is an inventory of medical devices designed for use and/or implemented within resource-limited settings.
The compendium is sortable by health topic (e.g., Malaria and HIV/AIDS), classification (i.e., Preventative, Diagnosis or Treatment), scope (i.e., Prototype, Clinical trial, Commercialized) and location (by continent).
The Global Health Medical Device Compendium is the work of Prof. Kathleen Sienko and her graduate students, and the Center for Global Health Student Associates at the University of Michigan. New devices can be added using Form:Medical Device.
The following table shows three devices per medical topic. You can also drill down by topic, classification, scope and/or location.
- Use Form:Medical Device to add new Medical Devices.
- Which populates the free text input with MediaWiki:Medical Device form preload.
- They use Template:Medical Device.
- Devices have the following Properties:
- Special:Ask can be used to semantically search Medical Devices and build Queries, such as:
- Use http://www.appropedia.org/Special:BrowseData/Medical_Devices?_single to browse using multiple aspects.
Appropriate technology · Built environment · Business · Construction and materials · Culture and community · Design · Energy · Energy storage · Engineering for Sustainable Development · Food and agriculture · Government supported development programs · Governments and sustainability · Green living · Greywater · Health and safety · Heat exchangers · Hybrid power systems · ICT and Education · Information technology · Learning · Medical Devices · Net Impact · Permaculture · Photovoltaics · Projects · Rainwater harvesting · Renewable energy · Service learning · Solar · Solar thermal · Sustainability · Sustainable business · Sustainable city living · Sustainable energy storage · Sustainable farm energy alternatives · Transport · Water Agricultural