Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Rainwater Catchment J Gnarly
We are designing a rainwater catchment system for a friend who just recently bought property in Blue Lake California. We want to redirect rainwater (grey water) for use in flushing the indoor toilet. Kyle Basnett and Colin Bourgeois are working on this project as part of the Humboldt State University's Engineering 305 course, in Appropriate Technology.
- Utilize maximum efficient level of rainwater to preserve filtered clean water
- Redirect water flow from as many locations as possible for utilization
- Install as many gutter systems as money and efficiency allow
- Design a system in a way to easily operate and maintain
- Design to prevent water damage if system fails
Details in process.
Yet to be determined.
- Looking for cheap, hopefully eco-friendly supplies.
- Currently in planning stage.