We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
The Global Health Medical Device Compendium is an inventory of medical devices designed for use and/or implemented within resource-limited settings.
The compendium is sortable by health topic (e.g., Malaria and HIV/AIDS), classification (i.e., Preventative, Diagnosis or Treatment), scope (i.e., Prototype, Clinical trial, Commercialized) and location (by continent). New devices can be added using Form:Medical Device.
The following table shows three devices per medical topic. You can also drill down by topic, classification, scope and/or location.
- Use Form:Medical Device to add new Medical Devices.
- Which populates the free text input with MediaWiki:Medical Device form preload.
- They use Template:Medical Device.
- Devices have the following Properties:
- Special:Ask can be used to semantically search Medical Devices and build Queries, such as:
- Use http://www.appropedia.org/Special:BrowseData/Medical_Devices?_single to browse using multiple aspects.
Appropriate technology · Built environment · Business · Construction and materials · Culture and community · Design · Energy · Energy storage · Engineering for Sustainable Development · Food and agriculture · Government supported development programs · Governments and sustainability · Green living · Greywater · Health and safety · Heat exchangers · Hybrid power systems · ICT and Education · Information technology · Learning · Medical Devices · Net Impact · Permaculture · Photovoltaics · Projects · Rainwater harvesting · Renewable energy · Service learning · Solar · Solar thermal · Sustainability · Sustainable business · Sustainable city living · Sustainable energy storage · Sustainable farm energy alternatives · Transport · Water Agricultural