We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Appropriate technology advocates
This pages lists individuals who have invented appropriate technologies or contributed to their use.
See the Appropriate technology advocates category on Wikipedia for individuals with Wikipedia articles about them; others are listed below.
- Kamal Kar, development consultant developed Community-led total sanitation.
- Dr. Moses Kizza Musaazi at Uganda's Makerere University Department of Technology, developed the W or Makapad. He also advocates other forms of appropriate and sustainable technology, including a waste-to-energyW project.
- Dr. Kwame Oppong-Anane of Accra, Ghana. Has successfully developed and transferred appropriate technology to improve the welfare of women in rural communities in Northern Ghana, and trained and encouraged resource poor farmers to take up livestock rearing for poverty alleviation and income generation. Dr. Oppong-Anane's approach to agricultural development has helped to empowered women and had a positive environmental impact. 
Footnotes and references
- Uganda: Makerere University Plots Garbage Power, East African Business Week (Kampala), October 23, 2006
- Agricultural Institute of Canada to Honour Outstanding Individuals OCTOBER 17, 2006