Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
The Appropedia Intern Program
The Appropedia Intern Program has a fourfold aim:
- to build on university graduates' academic grounding by giving them an opportunity to learn about sustainability, poverty reduction, sustainable development, appropriate technology and ICT firsthand;
- to give the Program's graduates the skills and knowledge necessary to make a significant contribution to sustainable development;
- to help improve the quantity, quality, and organization of public domain sustainability information, and
- to provide Appropedia Administrators with highly qualified assistants;
Interns (often university or college students) help develop Appropedia according to their skill and experience.
Types of Internships
- Research Internships - These interns develop new knowledge in a specific Appropedia:Category Tree and publish it on Appropedia (e.g. testing different types of water filters)
- Language Internships - These interns translate high quality articles to different languages. This involves both moving English content into languages spoken in the developing world, but also porting content from other languages into the English Appropedia.
- Technical Internships - These interns will work on technical areas of the site, creating templates, and automating functions such as porting ideas.
Examples of work done by interns:
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.