Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Hello, my name is Austin O'Connor, a 20 year old junior in Materials Science and Engineering at Michigan Technological University. My main interest in the field is composites, and it would be awesome to invent a modern material that can improve some aspect of life. I am also a part of the Boardsport Technologies Enterprise on campus, where we design and modify different kinds and styles of boards, including skis, snowboards, skateboards, longboards, wakeboards, etc. I was originally born in Nebraska, but grew up in Cedar Springs, MI with my parents and my little sister Alyssa. Our household is home to three pets; a pup named Spencer, and two cats by the name of Cookie and Zinger.
- Freestyle skiing (Atomic Punx, skiing since age 10)
- Longboarding sparingly(Bustin Maestro)
- Video games (especially Brawl)
- Playing cards (EUCHRE!!!)
- Broomball (redneck hockey with brooms!)
- Frisbockey (Michigan Tech's version of ultimate frisbee)