Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Zane Mosby
- I am a 23 year old Environmental Resources Engineering major at Humboldt State University. I was born and raised in Redding, Ca but I am looking forward to calling Arcata home. Check back in every now and again for cool stuff!!
Interests in Engineering
- Renewable Energy.
- Educating the public on the processes that go into energy production and how they are affecting the world.
- Saving the world from immanent destruction :)
Experience in Engineering
- Built an awesome Rube Goldberg Machine
- Starting to teach myself electronics, specifically micro controllers and compatible hardware.
- This will be my first year studying Engineering outright, and I am pretty excited.
- Currently working as a part of Jack's Phillies, one of HSU's ENGR 215 student teams. We are designing an Energy monitoring system for WetLand,
an island-based floating habitat on the Delaware River. WetLand is a live art exhibit opening Summer 2014.
Useful Electronics Websites
- This site provides open source energy monitoring software and an ample amount of instructions on assembling hardware; all in the open-source spirit with a wide following and very active forums.
-  This site is Arduino's website. Arduino is an open-source prototyping platform for tinkerers, hobbyists, kids, and anyone interesting in making things that interact with the world. It is a fun way to learn electronics, and much more.
-  This website has helped me tremendously. Aimed at beginners, this website sets a very sturdy groundwork for the many projects that are possible with programmable microchips. It focuses mostly on Arduino who, in my opinion, have the most active following and they are open source.
- Project Planning Software
- CAD Software
- Collaborative Document