Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
I am a graduate student in Electrical Engineering specializing in Power Systems. My choice to pursue a course on Solar Photovoltaics this semester is two-fold. 1: My high school experiences of independent electrical experimentation with small solar cells hacked from handheld calculators and 2: One field visit to a wind farm in India. At that time, I realized the scope of harvesting such free forms of energy as sunlight and wind and became fascinated by the prospects of building and using renewable energy electric systems to solve our global energy crisis. Given on the one hand, rapid adoption of automobiles by the urban human population which in turn influences our fossil fuel extraction and consumption and on the other hand, the simultaneous demand for clean energy has given rise to a new set of challenges. I became interested in solving such problems within the scope of my power systems focus. I expect to graduate in Summer 2019 and a course on Photovoltaics through the Open Source model would greatly enhance my abilities to learn and contribute to the growing body of knowledge and research within the domain and community of Renewable Energy systems in general and Solar Photovoltaics in particular. Till now, I have completed Power-focused courses offered by Dr. Mork, Dr. Weaver, Dr. Gauchia, Professor Goldsmith and one course on Sustainable Futures taught by Dr. Handler from Sustainable Futures Institute (SFI) at Michigan Tech. Currently, I am interning as an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer at Born, Inc. in Tulsa, Oklahoma since September 2018.
My professional profile can be found here: LinkedIn
- Advanced Methods in Power Systems
- Advanced Electric Machines
- Sustainable Futures-I
- Transient Analysis Methods in Power Systems
- Energy Storage Systems
- High Voltage Equipment (from Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- Cybersecurity in Industrial Control Systems
- Solar Photovoltaic Science and Engineering
- University of Pune, India
- Solar Photovoltaics
- Power Systems modeling and design
- Renewable energy and Smart Grids
- Power Systems Optimization
- Battery Energy Systems
- 3D Printing
- Programming (C++; MATLAB)
- Hackaday; Github; DEFCON; Black Hat; Wikipedia
- Lifecycle and Economic assessment of the manufacture of multicrystalline black Silicon PERC Photovoltaics Literature review.
- Transient analysis of Overvoltages during Substation and Transmission line 400 Mvar Shunt Reactor switching
- Comparative analysis of Lightning flash-overs effects on High voltage hybrid transmission systems
- Modeling and analysis of Symmetric and asymmetrical Power system faults on Battery energy storage systems
- Simulation and analysis of Distribution-class Lightning (surge) arrestors
- Senior Design project on ‘Design, Fabrication, Testing and Assembly of 33/11 kV Differential-protected Control & Relay Panels with Directional Overcurrent Relays'
- C/C++, SQL, Java and HTML web application; A project on Scientific Calculator app in Java MVC.