Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Name: Ty Muhovich
- Hello! I am an Environmental Science and Management major with an emphasis in energy and climate at Humboldt State University. I love being in nature although my career goal is to be an environmental consultant/analyst for company's to help them save energy (and money) and move to a greener lifestyle. On my free time I enjoy hiking, camping, and hammocking, as well as petting random dogs even if mine get jealous; they'll be fine.
Interests in Appropriate Technology
- I enjoy picking up beads, glass or random materials around the streets/forest to give to my friend to remake into cool artwork because he enjoys crafting for fun and loves re-purposing items. I am not artistic, but try to help in this small way.
- Generating electricity from riding a bike or treadmill and waterways
- Alternative ways of getting energy (Solar, Wind, Hydro)
- Composting with the power of worms
- Parabolic solar cookers
Experience in Appropriate Technology
- Converting grass lawns into "water-smart landscapes" with drought tolerant native plants
- Rainwater harvesting from roof gutter catch bins
- Composting and reusing soil for small urban gardens
- Collecting/storing seeds of various plants (not for apocalyptic reasons)
- CCAT solar kiosk