About Me[edit | edit source]
Name: Tyler James Ebright
Contact info: email@example.com or 707-849-4019
Current project: eathen oven
Hello all! I love: longboarding, my family, bicycling, my friends, walking, the ocean, exploring, wikipedia, making noise, appropedia, listening, foooood, writing funny things, sunsets/rises, the big lebowski, water, avocados, large cities, small towns, things that go bang/boom/wham/bam, reading, the sky, apple cider, and taking pictures of all that! My problem is that I love being lazy and have trouble finishing things because of
Interests in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- Starting on a large scale, I am most interested in what we as caring humans in a community can do to improve the way we live.
- I would like to get my hands dirtier and work on more appropriate technology projects of most any kind.
Experience in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- During the fall 2008 semester at Humboldt State University, two colleagues and I helped Arcata legend Bart Orlando build a rough-draft of a solar-powered hot air popcorn popper. We used a DC fan to blow air into a spiral heat exchanger positioned at the focus of Bart's 12' diameter solar cooker, which then blew passed a metal screen to meet the popcorn kernels. Bart is still trying to improve this idea.
- CCAT greywater marsh (current)
Interests in Technology and the Environment[edit | edit source]
- I'm interested in how we as humans can reduce our footprints on the earth by using human ingenuity and the methods of nature. Humans' idea of separation from the rest of nature needs to end if living in harmony is our goal, it's definitely one of mine.
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment[edit | edit source]
- A member of Generation Y