Sneha Guchhait[edit | edit source]
Bio[edit | edit source]
Graduate Electrical Engineering student, specializing in Power Systems and Renewable Energy at Michigan Technological University. I have worked on some Power systems and renewable projects during my education. I also had the opportunity to intern in Tata Power Co. Ltd., where I studied about various protective schemes for the protection of transformers, motors and generators,Analyzed the Power flow from Generation to distribution, overview of thermal power plant. and knowledge about Buses, Substation, switch yard and transformer yard.
Projects[edit | edit source]
1. Feasibility of a Solar PV Microgrid anchored to Hancock School in Michigan using PV Watts and SAM.
- Determined maximum load demand, monthly energy consumption and solar irradiation for Hancock.
- Designed school anchored Solar for roof, parking lot and ground mount based on system modelling and interconnection studies.
- Estimated solar power generation, energy storage and explore the feasibility of providing excess electricity to surrounding houses.
2.Analysis of Capacitor Bank Switching Transients for different operating events
- Inrush & bus voltage recovery involving a single 161kV Capacitor bank.
- Back to Back energization of two Capacitor banks and Voltage magnification at the customer end.
- Outrush problems for fault before OCB and Recovery voltage following clearing a fault after OCB.
3. Analysis of Voltage Sag on Transmission System under Fault Conditions.
- Studied about the power quality problems, voltage sag, its characteristics and various faults impacting the system. *Performance analysis for both magnitude and duration of voltage sag is being conducted by varying the length of line, fault location and by changing X/R ratio of transmission line.
- Analyzed the transmission lines with respect to symmetrical (L-L-L) and unsymmetrical faults (L-G, L-L, LL-G) for both balanced and unbalanced voltage sags using MATLAB & Simulink.
4. Life Cycle Assessment of Renewable Energy Systems.
- Evaluated environmental profile for Solar, Wind, and Wave energy systems in manufacturing, installation and disposal/recycling stages using SimaPro v8.0.
- Analyzed three systems to conduct a comparative survey for greenhouse gas emissions, cumulative energy demand, carbon intensity, energy intensity and damage assessment.
5. Analysis of three -phase SPWM based inverter using PI-Controller & Fuzzy-Controller in a standalone system.
- Studied about SPWM (Sinusoidal Pulse Width Modulation) 3-phase inverter and use of PI controller and Fuzzy controller in a Standalone System, SPWM Harmonics elimination, L-C ﬁlter design methodology and its Simulink-modeling.
- Estimated various designing parameters and instabilities using MATLAB to simulate a model circuit and analyzed the output waveforms to study the system response.
6.Modelling and Analysis of Lightning Transient on a 400 kV Transmission Line.
- Designed 400kV transmission line using ATP-EMTP software package for single line double overhead ground wire and double line double overhead ground wire.
- Modeled and Analyzed transmission towers, transmission line, cable and surge arrestors (MOV Type-92 & IEEE Standards).
- Comparative study of 2 classes of tower configuration, & different magnitude of current for flashover voltage pattern study.
Research Interests[edit | edit source]
- Power Quality Issues
- Renewable Energy & Sustainability
- Smart grids and Micro grids