We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
- Sam Thall
- I grew up in Saint Helena, California. In the heart of good ol' wine country of the Napa Valley. I started my education after high school at Santa Rosa Junior College, and have now transferred to Humboldt State University where I shall further continue my education in pursuit of a BS in Environmental Science. I love the outdoors and everything about life. I am a simple man, with a complex brain. I enjoy learning new aspects of life, and I believe that knowledge is power. "Where there's a will, there's a way."
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- I am interested in technology that will help preserve forests, and the habitats with in them.
- I am also interested in technology that will help provide more efficient agriculture.
- Lastly, I am interested in technology that will help provide more efficient and clean energy.
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment
- I helped work on a project once that helped make homes more energy efficient, focusing on simple and inexpensive objectives.
- I have worked on restoration projects at rivers and creeks as well as planting redwoods in the forest.
- I lack many skills in technology although I believe I do obtain one of the most important skills, and that is the willingness to want to learn and better further my understanding in the field.
Some of my favorite websites are: http://www.science.gov/browse/w_123L.htm because there is so much science related information. http://hint.fm/wind/ because it shows a great image of the wind and I've always loved weather. http://www.youtube.com because you can be entertained for hours or you can find out how to do just about anything.