Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
About Me: Reis G.M. Jones
- Currently pursuing a MS in Biomedical Engineering at Michigan Technological University
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Michigan Technological Univerisity with a BS in Biomedical Engineering
- Quality Engineering Internship with Phillips-Medisize in a post-production capacity, optimizing assembly line practices for plastic injection molded parts.
- Design Quality Engineering Internship with Cirtec Medical in a pre-production capacity, designing various inspection fixtures for optimized inspection procedures as well as performing Gage R&R's to approve generalized inspection methods.
- Currently a member of the Engineered Biomaterials research lab at Michigan Technological University under Dr. Rupak Rajachar
- Characterize mechanical properties of whale blubber and novel hydrogels in conservation and potential therapeutic capacities, respectively.
- Model different biological tissues in FEM software to gain insight into real life performance of devices.
- 3D model and print components and prototypes to be used in experiments or for machining purposes with AthenaII, Lulzbot TAZ 6, and Formlabs 2 printers.
- Rapid Prototyping with 3D Printing.
- Design and prototyping of functional equipment intended to increase ease of function.
- Mechanical testing with tissue, polymers, and medical devices and equipment.
- Design Portfolio
- 1 extruder motor for a maximum of one filament printing at a time
- Melzi II Controller board
- BeagleBoard Green