Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Morgan Marie Kipf
- The 2016/2017 school year is my second year at HSU, although I am technically a junior now because of the units I have. I work for HSU through Green Campus, a sustainability focused group/club. I grew up in the state of Washington, always exploring and camping with my family. I moved to California when I was 8 years old. My whole life the outdoors/nature has been a huge part of my life. My long term goal is to make some impact on the world around me, combating the damage done to the Earth by humans. I tend to spend my free time painting, hiking/adventuring, surfing, gardening, cooking/eating delicious food, picking up trash while adventuring, or reading about/working on saving the environment.
Interests in Appropriate Technology
- Renewable Energy
- Water Saving
- Mundane Science/Everyday Innovations
Experience in Appropriate Technology
- Currently Project Coordinator for Humboldt State University's Green Campus
- Repairing/Reusing household items with my dad, who is an engineer
- Repurposing broken, old, or used items to make crafts with my grandmother
- Gardening using timers and drip irrigation for watering