Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Sara Newell
- Environmental Resources Engineering undergraduate student at Humboldt State University. I recently transferred from Foothill College in the bay area.
Interests in Engineering
- I want to improve people's lives, while at the same time improving the health and extending the life of our planet.
- Water Resources/Quality
- Pollution Remediation
- Creating, learning and informing others about sustainable practices:
- Consumption of products and their materials
Experience in Engineering
- I worked on a team at my community college in an intro to engineering course where we designed a robot using the Lego Mindstorms kit. We made and programmed a dog called SentiPup, that could act as a guide dog for those that were blind.
- Spring 2012 in my Physics class we designed a Rube Goldberg system that utilized Coke and Mentos in an attempt to pop a balloon.
- This is a memo I wrote with a group for a lab assessing the water quality of Fern Lake.
- This spreadsheet analyzes the efficiencies for an electrolyzer and a fuel cell.
- The completed design document for Ovenly Inferno shows our research, alternative solutions and final design.
- This is the presentation of Ovenly Inferno, our ENGR 215 design project.