Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Marco Gudino
- Humboldt State University
- Environmental Resources Engineering
- Active participant of Campus Center for Appropriate Technology (CCAT) and Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marco-hsu/
Interests in Engineering
- Designing is my favorite thing to do. Using SolidWorks and Siemen's NX are software that I am familiar with and I enjoy using
- Fabricating is my second favorite thing about engineering. Building what was originally designed, troubleshooting and bringing everything together is an amazing experience
- Solving world problems and helping improve human life is the reason I am majoring in engineering. Helping others while building and creating something satisfies me.
Experience in Engineering
- Project #1
- 2018-2019 NASA Student Launch
- This was a national competition with competing universities. We had to design and fabricate high powered rockets with scientific payloads. In this project our team made several rockets (including prototypes) and a UAV that deployed out of the rocket upon successful recovery. These were followed with technical reports that were about 200 pages in length that were turned in every month. A great deal of experience was gained from this project including learning CAD software, technical writing, 3D printing, communication, and leadership. Our small team of 7 community college students competed with senior level teams of 30+. We won best outreach award, social media award, and placed in the top 25 out of 50+ initial teams.
- Here is small article of our team from the college newspaper http://www.ccclarion.com/2019/03/06/the-rocket-owls-reaches-new-heights-for-campus/
- And the team's Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/rocketowls/?hl=en
- Project #2
- NASA L'SPACE Level 1 and 2
- I served as Deputy Project Manager and Project Manager. In this project we wrote techincal reports and created a proposal for a possible chance at winning $10,000 to fund an idea. We worked on teams with students from different universities online.
- Internship #1
- NASA Lucy Internship
- I was Project Manager of a team that fabricated an instrument that would survive in a vacuum chamber. Here I planned, scheduled, and assisted team members with designing and fabricating an instrument. The design was presented to NASA engineers and scientists. Another technical report was written for this project.