Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- I am currently a second year undergraduate student at Michigan Technological University, pursuing a degree in Biomedical Engineering as well as a minor in Economics and German. I am originally from Chicago and represent my family as a first generation American. Through the Open Source Hardware Enterprise, I hope to expand my knowledge and strengthen my skills, whilst developing new ideas to be available to everyone.
- Email: Kpressl@mtu.edu
- I am a strong writer, attempting to generate a publishing whether it be research or a novel
- Photo/video Editing: I've always wanted to be one of those guys on youtube, but never had any following unfortunately
- Target Corp: Learned the discipline of the work force as I spent years working my way up the ropes. It has definitely inspired me to work hard during these college years and create something that will benefit my own life as well as that of others.
- Coding: I have basic knowledge of Python, HTML, and c# coding, however have not pursued the language. I am well versed in matlab through Michigan Tech's teachings, but will most likely attempt to learn a much more common language.
- Web/Photo/Video Editing: I have done this as a hobby because it is something i generally enjoy doing. Through the years I've strengthened my skills, but I wouldn't call myself a professional quite yet.
Projects (Fall 2017)
Progressive Vision Lens
Objective: To create a 3D modeled Lens to hold DOW Created/inspired Lens. These Glasses will potentially Track the Distance of an object and generate the proper liquid level in the lens for light to be refracted into the optical Nerve. This will allow Users with progressive vision loss to easily adjust how objects are seen and potentially save them a trip to the Ophthalmologist or Optometrist for new Lens.
- Prepared Meeting with our sponsor Mel Visor along with Aubrey to reveal plans for the Lens project. He was very intrigued by the idea of 3D printing and its huge role in bringing down the price of the Frames and Lenses.
- The Lens remain in development as we look for a new approach to creating it. If an SLA printer can be found, 3D printing remains a viable option. At the moment we are testing with airtight plastic film which will change shape with the introduction of our index liquid (Baby oil/ Mineral oil).
Objective: With my knowledge of graphic Design and web design, I hope to recreate the official Enterprise's Website and open it up to 3D print orders. There will also be more activity around campus through propaganda and social medias like Instagram and Facebook. This will hopefully expand the brand name of the enterprise to potentially grab the attention of more members, sponsors, and buyers.
- All social media accounts for the enterprise have been created (YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook), with more activity this will allow students, sponsors, and anyone interested to see our progress on certain projects.
- I have reattained access to the Domain name and editing rights of the official Enterprise website. It has been slightly modified, however still needs to be looked over with the Enterprise to see what should be added for people to see. It gives the group a more professional approach to showing off our work.
Enterprise Website: http://openhardware.eit.mtu.edu/