Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
My name is Jerrina D. Alverio I am a second year student at Humboldt State University, HSU aspiring to get my bachelors degree in environmental resource engineering. My goal at the end of this five year program is to devote my skill and time to the field of agriculture. I am interested in developing or supporting ways that promote healthier techniques in growing produce. I am anxious, intimidated, and ready to begin the process of design in order to create solutions.
Interests in Engineering
- I have interests in building a rooftop garden that can be sustainable in cities, similar to the ideas found in Urban Gardening.
- I want to improve my technology skills so that I can form my ideas into something physical with the appropriate programming. This also consists of learning the operation of different tools such as hand tools, power tools and machinery.
- I want to be able to collaborate my mathematics with any situation at hand in order to successfully achieve an idea.
Experience in Engineering
- In the last year I created a webpage with a partner to compare the "eco-friendliness" of containing frozen green beans in steel cans and plastic bags.
- I'm handy and creative when it comes to home renovations I've built pieces of furniture like bookshelves, dressers, and beds. I have experience sanding down walls and painting them.
- I have participated in labs calculating indoor air pollution, water quality, and simulating an area contaminated with hazardous waste to figure out what technique is best for helping the land. These are a few examples of labs I've been a part of.
Examples of Work in Engineering
The link below is an example of my best work done on ACAD. It is a blueprint of a house, simply designed with a layout providing multiple angles and views.
The link below is an example of the best Memo I have written. It is a Memo of a field trip to an Indian Reservation that is dedicated to sustainability and natural technology.
The link below is an example of my most updated Timesheet, on a project that has been taken place over a six week period.
The link below is an example of my team's Gantt Chart. A chart resembling a bar chart, however designed for project scheduling to show the start and finish date of tasks and the project as a whole.