Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Name: Galen Nathaniel O'Toole
- I have wanted to work in environmental engineering since I was in middle school. At that time, I fantasized about touring the country in an electric RV. In my fantasy, I conducted workshops on renewable energy, showcased my RV, and researched lighter, higher capacity batteries. While I have no love for RVs, I do love to go camping and backpacking. Anything outdoors is re-vitalizing to me, and I enjoy adapting to my local environment. I took up sea kayaking and spearfishing when I moved to Humboldt a year-and-a-half ago, and I love it!
Interests in Engineering
- I am most interested in sustainable energy systems: wind, water, wave, tidal, geothermal and solar.
- Secondly, I am interested in making one, or several, of these energy sources more profitable and economically competitive with fossil fuels.
- Thirdly, I would like to help influence policy in such a way that policy makers weigh a wider array of social and environmental costs in their decision-making process.
- My main goal for learning engineering is to help educate people about how to live more efficiently with their environments. I hope to work internationally on development projects and policy.
Experience in Engineering
- I have taken one semester of engineering at HSU.
- I was a JETS (Junior Engineering and Technological Society) team member in high school.
Sample Memo 
Sample Excel Documents:
- Simple Population growth estimator 
- Sample Time sheet 
Group Design Document 
Project Planning - Gantt Chart 
Simple Auto CAD (2D)