Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Name: Friedel Pretorius
- Originally from Colorado, I am now in my fourth year at Humboldt State University studying Environmental Engineering. I have a passion for helping others and solving problems. I intend to use my degree to make the community around me a better place.
Interests in Engineering
- Clean drinking water is a right all people have and any project focusing on making clean water easily and cheaply available is worth praise.
- Innovations are equally as genius as original solutions, because not only do the innovators take time to recognize the complexity of a solution, but they also ask how it can be better.
- My interests in engineering extend to anything that results in the better quality of life for the average individual.
Experience in Engineering
- My experience in engineering stretches little further than education and research. I have had a little time with my hands on engineer-specific project, but as for finding solutions to everyday problems in everyday approaches- well, I guess I have been doing that most my life.
Engineering 215 Portfolio
The following links are examples of my abilities to:
- Write a memorandum: Memorandum
- Use spreadsheet software: Spreadsheet
- Use project planning software: Gantt
- Use CAD software: CAD
- Collaboratively write and format a significant document: Document
- Use properties of dynamic physics to design and construct a trebuchet: Youtube video
- Work with Humboldt State EWB student chapter to develope a ram pump: Youtube video