Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Dr. Prem Raj Pushpakaran is an Indian life scientist, genetic engineer and presently working as an associate professor of Bio-Technology at National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC), Kozhikode, Kerala, India. His field of expertise is molecular physiology.
Pushpakaran received a BSc in Zoology from Mahatma Gandhi University in 1994, an MSc in Bio-Technology from Cochin University of Science and Technology in 1996, and a PhD in Bio-Technology from Central Drug Research Institute in 2002 prior to post-doctoral studies at Harvard Medical School from 2003 to 2005.
As a post-doctoral fellow at Harvard, Pushpakaran co-authored three papers on topics related to gene regulation, gut physiology and biophysics. Following his post-doctoral work at Harvard, Pushpakaran served as an assistant professor of Bio-Technology and Microbiology at King Saud University, KSA, for 3 years (2005-2008), thereafter returned to India to join as the faculty of the NITC. In addition to his work at NITC, Pushpakaran is active within the academic research community, including serving as a reviewer for International Journal of Nanomedicine, and as a Faculty Advisor of the Scitable Project, an online collaborative science education project of the Nature Publishing Group.
- Pushpakaran, Prem Raj; Srivastava, S; Srivastava, BS; Srivastava (April 2003). "Protection by live Mycobacterium habana vaccine against Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv challenge in mice". Indian Journal of Medical Research. 117: 139-145.
- Malo, MS; Abedrapo, M; Chen, A; Mozumder, M; Pushpakaran, Prem Raj; Alkhoury, F; Zhang, W; Fleming, E et al. (December 2003). "Improved eukaryotic promoter-detection vector carrying two luciferase reporter genes". Biotechniques 35 (6): 1150-1154.
- Malo, MS; Zhang, W; Alkhoury, F; Pushpakaran; Abedrapo, M; Mozumder, M; Fleming, E; Hodin, RA (August 2004). "Thyroid hormone positively regulates the enterocyte differentiation marker intestinal alkaline phosphatase gene via an atypical response element". Molecular Endocrinology 18 (8): 1941-1962.
- Alkhoury, F; Pushpakaran, PR; Zhang, W; Fleming, E; Hodin, R (September 2004). Gene regulation by endogenous thyroid hormone receptors in intestinal epithelial cells. 199. p. 10.
- Madhu, S. Malo; Pushpakaran, Prem Raj; Hodin, Richard A. (18 November 2005). "A 'Swinging Cradle' model to classify different types of response elements of a nuclear receptor". Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 337 (2): 490-497.
- Pushpakaran, Prem Raj. "Detailed Chronology". National Institute of Technology Calicut. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "CUSAT Alumni". Cochin University of Science and Technology. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Registered Alumni". Central Drug Research Institute. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Prem Raj Pushpakaran". Medvane. Harvard University. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "Reviewer Appreciation". Nanomedicine. Elsevier. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Dr. Prem Raj Pushpakaran". Scitable. Retrieved 5 May 2012.