|Hi. I am a young researcher and sustainable energy for all enthusiast. I am currently Ph.D. student with the Energy Department at Politecnico di Torino DENERG and junior research staff at the Energy Center LabEnergy Center Lab. Also, I am on the Taskforce, Energy and Development for developing countries in Africa and I am involved in Developing actions in the field of energy planning for emerging and developing countries. Webpage  |
Biography[edit | edit source]
Ugwoke Blessing Onyeche is a Ph.D. student with the Energy Department at the Politecnico di Torino, Italy where she is on the Taskforce, Energy, and Development for developing countries in Africa and is involved in Developing actions in the field of energy planning for emerging and developing countries. Blessing’s research is on conceptualizing an integrated rural energy planning framework for developing countries' targeting rural communities and remote localities. She holds a B.Eng. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering and an MSc. Degree in Petroleum Engineering.
She is a member of the Global Energy Prize international expert community and a winner of the Eni Award 2017 Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa (Eni Award 2017). She is a co-founder of the Young Guru Academy (YGA) Italy (YGA), a non-profit organization devoted to cultivating selfless leaders to realize the dream of a brighter future for the younger generations.
Research Interests[edit | edit source]
While I am conceptualizing an integrated rural energy planning framework for developing countries, my research interests include:
- Rural energy planning
- Renewable electricity for rural communities
- Community Energy Development
- Comprehensive energy systems modelling
- Climate change and mitigation strategies for the built environment
- Energy Efficiency and Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) for energy conservation
- Business model formulation for the off-grid energy business
Publications[edit | edit source]
Articles Under Review/Accepted/In-print[edit | edit source]
- A review of Nigerian energy access studies: the story told so far, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews Journal.
Conference Proceedings[edit | edit source]
- The Energy Center Initiative at Politecnico di Torino: focus on Energy and Development in the sub-Saharan African Region.
- A Nigerian perspective of Rural Electrification: a review of rural energy access studies.
- Reference Building Identification for Rural Nigerian Buildings