I am a freshmen this year at Cal Poly Humboldt. The main reason I wanted to study Environmental Engineering is because I want to get in involved in making agriculture more environmentally friendly. I think eating food that is organic and unprocessed is very important for people's health and the environment.
Interests in Engineering[edit | edit source]
- Creating natural ecosystems that animals and food can grow in.
- Helping other countries solve environmental problems.
- Creating better traveling options that reduce the usage of fossil fuels.
Experience in Engineering[edit | edit source]
- Being apart of sports teams. This has given me communication and problem solving skills I need to work well and collaborate with other people; for future engineering projects.
- I was apart of an environmental sustainability program in high school. In this program I had to work with other classmates to create projects that would make our campus more environmentally friendly. One of the projects I was apart of was creating a garden at my high school.
- My teacher assigned my class a project to create something that help get peoples attention about environmental sustainability. I created a prototype of a cereal box that would bring awareness to children about recycling and energy efficiency.
Portfolio[edit | edit source]
- Spreadsheet Software
- Project Planning
- Design Document
- Auto Cad