We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Name: Andrew Nguyen (Pronounced Win)
A little about me: I am from San Diego, where the sun doesn't stop shining and I've lived in big cities all my life from San Diego and Irvine, to Los Angeles. I love to mountain bike the redwood forest, hike anywhere possible, and enjoy the sunsets on the beach. I love the new area that I am living in and look forward to fulfilling my requirements for my degree at Humboldt State University. I adapt well to my environment and surroundings to work well, live, and enjoy life with those around me.
Engineering 215 Fall 2011 Portfolio
For Engineering 215 Introduction to Design, my group and I worked for the client and organization called Flock house. My groups name was Skin for the Win and our objective was to build a "skin" or shell for the Flock house's exterior. During the design process many different assignments were submitted during our project. Examples of some are here:
- During the design process, my group and I completed a 40 page document: Final Design Document
- My team also had to demonstrate use of project planning software: Gantt Chart
- Next is a sample of an AutoCAD drawing, this particular AutoCAD was done for the project as well: AutoCAD
- The following link is an example of a memo made for the Specifications section of the design document:Memo Example
- And finally the file that follows is an example of an excel spreadsheet, which is also my overall time sheet made from the project: Time Sheet
For more information about team Skin for the Win and our Engineering 215 project go to Flock House Skin for the Win
Interests in Engineering
- Learning teamwork and project management
- Being able to build projects with sustainability and the environment in mind
- Working in collaboration with team members
- Personal use of the knowledge gained to interpret into my own lifestyle and home design
Experience in Engineering
- A.A. Mathematics from San Diego Miramar College
- Completed courses Statics, Dynamics, Scienece and mechanics of materials, Physics heat and magnetism, Physics Electronics, Chemistry, Environmental Data Modeling and Analysis, Biology, Intro to Design, as well as many GE including Culture Gender Race studies courses.
- Tutoring Calculus 3 and below and tutoring Chemistry
- Land Management for private party in Kneeland
- First Solar Comissioning Intern